Pregnancy Support and Mentoring
Anki is a non clinically practicing midwife with 10 years experience supporting women through pregnancy, birth and mothering. Anki provided homebirth services in her local community for 5 years and continues to be passionate about supporting women through this significant and potent time in their lives.
Anki offers mentoring and one on one support through deep and powerful discussions, supporting the woman to explore her deepest fears, belief systems and cultural imprints surrounding pregnancy, birth, motherhood and relationships.
Anki offers guided practices such as shamanic drum journeys, meditation, ritual and ceremony to support the growth and transformation of each woman in preparation for the birth and life of her child.
For enquiries please contact Anki here
Pregnancy and birth are a rite of passage which do not just welcome a child into the world, but welcomes a woman into motherhood. Each pregnancy will teach a woman new wisdom and face her with new challenges, to help her stretch, not just physically, but spiritually and emotionally into the mother she needs to become for each of her children.
Throughout each pregnancy a woman will face herself and all that is not serving her, so that she can create space for new ways of being that honour the transition into her new self. This process requires a woman to listen deeply to her body, her intuition and find trust in the unfolding process.
Within the current culture, pregnancy and birth are highly medicalised and hijacked by a system that does not honour this rite of passage as sacred and does not honour a woman’s deep intuition and knowing of herself and her ability to birth her baby.
Instead women are infiltrated with a deep seeded fear and doubt around birth, having the implications of high intervention rates and deep emotional and spiritual disconnection and trauma.
To be well prepared and supported throughout pregnancy are important factors in helping women to have empowered experiences.
Birth does not always go the way you expect or would like and some women have risk factors that need medical assistance.
No matter if you have a home birth, a vaginal hospital birth, a cesarean or an unexpected outcome, having the right support and preparation can help you to journey through your birth experience in a way where you feel supported, respected and cared for.
There is no right or wrong way to have a baby. Each birth is a powerful experience, teaching you so much about your strength and wisdom as a woman. Each birth is perfect in its unfolding and each birth has the power to either create deep trauma or deep healing and growth.
Surrendering to the birth that needs to happen is the key, while the preparation and the support you prepare for yourself is the grounding that influences your perception of your birth experience.
Anki can offer you:
- Regular phone or skype contact and discussions.
- Taylor-made support for your unique journey and needs.
- Support in healing and processing previous birth experiences.
- Resources and books to help inspire you in a positive and empowered way.
- Tools for navigating challenging situations that arise.
- Practices to help you connect more deeply with your body, your baby, your intuition and deep body wisdom.
- Support and advice exploring birth options most suited to your needs.
- High risk pregnancy and birth support.
- Creating a birth plan.
- Practical advice on navigating pregnancy care, such as tests, screening and all the things that you are told you have to do, but really don’t. Remember it’s your body, your baby and your choice.
- Rituals and ceremony for healing, shifting fears and belief systems and connecting more deeply with your intuition and knowing.
- Spiritual and shamanic support and guidance.
- Nutritional and health support.
For enquiries please contact Anki here